Goya’s Blog Page 1goya.blogspot.com

Friday, October 12, 2018

Wheels Up! 🛫

...and the pilot said, “Flight attendants, please take your seats and prepare for takeoff.”

 Yesterday morning, it was a possibility that my flight would be delayed or canceled because of Hurricane Michael. My flight’s departure time was 8AM, barely ahead of the arrival of heavier rain and high winds from a storm that had done major damage in the Florida panhandle and was making its way to the Carolinas. If I had booked a later flight, I would have experienced a different scenario. 

I recorded the slightly rocky takeoff.  The pilot navigated the plane steadily on the runway. The plane was ascending in the air to top speed around 500mph, to get to approximately 30,000 ft amongst the friendly skies. When the plane gains a certain altitude, the aircraft levels off and then its aerodynamic performance is on full display. Most passengers silently sighed with relief because the fast ascension was achieved without incident. I usually enjoy that part of the flight because I’m leaving one part of the country and in another part in a matter of hours, I know that I’ll soon be in another part for what would have taken me much longer by vehicle. A machine that we call an aircraft can navigate in midair with the support of gravity, covering many miles in a matter of minutes. GOD and Man can do wondrous things.  

I'm a bit of a philosopher. So my first thought was that life works that way. We go through rainy days, strong winds, and unpredictable forecasts when we're trying to fly to higher ground, but when we get to the level of peace that GOD desires for us (steady altitude), the turbulence will be over.  Our life will level nicely and our wings will balance with the clouds. We’ll be just fine as we cruise on to our destination.  Wheels Up! 

Bless your journey,

🦚GPS - Your Innovative Blogger
🛫

👇🏼

👇🏼


Takeoff From Charlotte-Douglas:  42 secs Video
{Click on YouTube link.}
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBv2Vb-Cr9Q&persist_app=1&app=m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters to me. So don’t just read and leave; read and leave a comment. Thanks! -GPS

Most Recently Published

📌NEW BLOG SITE ADDRESS📌

Effective April 2 , 2019 , Google+ will no longer host Bloggers on their site. Therefore, my blog page will no longer be accessible after ...

⭐️Most Popular Posts