Goya’s Blog Page 1goya.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Coffee Break With Grandaddy ☕

*
-A Granddaughter's Fond Memories-

I’ve known Rhonda since childhood, and she has always had an “old soul”.  She was reminiscing about her Grandparents and shared her fond memories of them on social media. She was missing them and her love for them exuded through her words.
“I love having flashbacks of happy memories that feel so real and I feel like I can reach out and touch the people. The happy flashback this morning - Grandaddy and I at the kitchen table and he has this huge mug of coffee sitting in a saucer.  He adds sugar and milk and as he's stirring it, Grandma tells him, 'Wes, don't give that baby coffee. You'll stunt her growth'.  She leaves the kitchen and he checks over his shoulder as he sloshes some coffee into the saucer and slides it over to me. I slurp it up and quietly slide the saucer back over to him.  I can clearly see the kitchen, smell the food Grandma cooked and even remember the clothes they were wearing.”

Reading Rhonda’s post, I could picture in my mind what spending time with her Grandparents must have been like.  I could almost smell the coffee and her Grandma’s food sizzlin’ on the stove with a sweet aroma that only Grandmas can produce. I can even imagine her Granddaddy’s disagreeable expression about Grandma’s “stunt her growth” comment, which her Granddaddy surely ignored with no intention to deprive his Grandbaby of their “coffee break” together. He was making memories with his Granddaughter and of course, there was no stopping him from their sneaky pleasure of disobeying Grandma. Grandpas are so much fun when they’re sneaky and stubborn. And they seem to assemble others in their suspicious yet fun behavior.

Rhonda told me that several people have teased her over the years about making her coffee so light with cream. She said, “My Granddaddy always added extra milk to his coffee when he was planning to sneak me some. That started my love affair with coffee and also reminds me of those happy days when I make it light.”

It doesn’t matter how Rhonda’s coffee looks or tastes to anyone else.  She’s keeping her fond memories of her Grandparents alive. Flashbacks are good for remembering the sweet moments in our lives.

“I wonder from time to time if I gave my Grandparents as much joy as they gave me. 😁 I miss them so! ❤”

No worries, Rhonda; something tells me you did.  Continue to enjoy your flashbacks. Thank you for sharing yourCoffee Breakmemory! ☕️

Grandparents can be our best friends, and when they're gone, memories of them linger forever.



Saluting all Grandparents,
-GPS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters to me. So don’t just read and leave; read and leave a comment. Thanks! -GPS

Most Recently Published

📌NEW BLOG SITE ADDRESS📌

Effective April 2 , 2019 , Google+ will no longer host Bloggers on their site. Therefore, my blog page will no longer be accessible after ...

⭐️Most Popular Posts