Goya’s Blog Page 1goya.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 6, 2018

⭐️CJ Fuller Will Be Remembered For More Than His Jersey Number



💐Today’s blog is dedicated to the life of CJ Fuller. 

MR. CHARLIE BERNARD “CJ” FULLER, JR. played for the Clemson Tigers as a Running Back for four years and earned his degree. He contributed to the Tigers’ National Championship title in 2016.  CJ passed away Wednesday, Oct. 3rd at the tender age of 22. 

“CJ was a good young man. He had a sweet spirit to him and he certainly wasn’t perfect, I don’t know anybody that is. But, he was a good teammate and players liked him and he was just one of those young people that in dealing with him, he was just always so respectful. My heart just breaks for his parents.  As a parent, you just can’t even imagine putting yourself in that situation. But I do know, I know that CJ is in the good presence of the Lord; I know he was saved, and I have peace in that. I’m thankful I had a few years to be able to be around him. He’s the first player I’ve coached, as a Head Coach, that has passed. I know it won’t be the last. So, I’m just thankful I had the opportunity to see our staff pour into him and to see him grow as a young man. Death is a hard thing, especially for young people, because young people don’t really think about their mortality very often. This has been a tough day, a tough couple of days for his teammates. This is a veteran team and a lot of these guys were teammates with CJ.  I just lean on the Lord for comfort and I know that he will provide and see us all through it, and his family, but definitely a sad situation for all involved. Appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for his family and just continue to lift them up.”  -Head Coach Dabo Swinney, Clemson Tigers Football 

“CJ was a bright, caring man who soaked up everything you exposed him to.  The day before he passed, he reached out to me and he had big dreams for his future.  He impacted lives at such a young age, and I am glad our paths crossed.”  -Allison Spry Waymyers


CJ is a son of Charlie B. Fuller, Sr. and Christy Sutton Fuller.  Surviving in addition to his parents are one sister (Sydney) and one brother (Christopher) and a host of other relatives and friends.  He will be laid to rest on Sunday, Oct. 7th in Easley, SC. 

Let’s pray for the Fuller Family, the Clemson Tigers and CJ’s friends while the Lord strengthens and comforts them during their very tough loss.
-GPS

💐












3 comments:

  1. I didn't know this young man, but lam proud of him. Rest in heaven
    C.J. and GOD bless your family and friends through this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful commentary on the life of CJ Fuller. I'm so glad that he had the support of so many and knew that he was loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog! C.J. would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters to me. So don’t just read and leave; read and leave a comment. Thanks! -GPS

Most Recently Published

📌NEW BLOG SITE ADDRESS📌

Effective April 2 , 2019 , Google+ will no longer host Bloggers on their site. Therefore, my blog page will no longer be accessible after ...

⭐️Most Popular Posts