Goya’s Blog Page 1goya.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

HONORING WOMEN SERIES: TONI HARRIS

💫Because I respect and believe in the power of a woman, I’ve decided to honor women in 2019 and beyond on my blog page. There will be one woman “embraced” at least once per week. There will be “no biases”, and the women will be representatives of all walks of life from all over the world who contribute “positively” to family, community, city, state, country, and therefore the world. 

🌟Today’s Honoree

“Too slow”, Not strong enough”, “Too small”, “Will never inspire the next generation”, and “Will never receive a football scholarship”.  Huh!  Assuming anything about others can cause an avalanche of disappointments and crow will be served. How does the colloquial idiom goes?  “I hope you’ll be ready to eat crow.”  Many have had to “eat crow” when Toni Harris received not only a collegiate level football scholarship, she landed a commercial spot during Super Bowl 2019. That’s right! Toyota made Toni the center of attraction for their company during the biggest event in football when millions of people were watching. I’d say that she has inspired the next generation, she must not be too slow and certainly not weak because the 23-year old Detroit native signed with the Central Methodist University (Fayetteville, Missouri) football team, making her the first female skill-position player to sign a letter of intent. 

{Photo:  Toni’s IG Page}

{Image:  Internet Retrieved}
“I feel like if I keep doing what I’m doing and keep having faith in God, I can keep paving the way for little girls everywhere," Harris said in a story published in the Detroit Free Press.  "I believe I’m going to be the first female NFL player. But if it just so happens that I’m not, I want to make sure there’s a way paved for the next little girl that can get there."  That’s the spirit, Toni!  Jet setters don’t just think of themselves when breaking barriers; they set records and move the needle for the next one up. It takes only one person to prove what’s possible, shut down the naysayers. 

Toni told an interviewer, “The process is painful but it’s purposeful. The purpose is in my pain and like Giavanni Ruffin said, “Master your craft, exceed your potential, tap into your soul and fall in love with your purpose”.  This is my purpose. Don’t worry about it. Just watch me shine.”


🌟A desire cannot become a goal and a goal cannot come to fruition without faith, hard work and support. So when any woman says she’s going to do something, the assumption should never be that it’s impossible and won’t happen because it’s not the “norm” rather when and where. Toni played football all of her life. She kept her focus and no matter what anyone said to knock her down, she stood strong and solid in her cleats. Her shoulder pads and faith kept her grounded and her heart of relentless tenacity kept her coming back to the gridiron over and over again. Toni has what it takes. As many coaches have told their players over time, “Sometimes, all it takes is heart to win.”  Toni is winning and her first college game has not even started! 


Was this blog just about football?  You decide. 


{Images:  Internet Retrieved}

Encouraging all women to support and empower one another, 

🦚 GPS - Your Innovative Blogger
Read more of my blogs. 👉🏼 1goya.blogspot.com
Send a private message. 👉🏼 1goyaspry@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters to me. So don’t just read and leave; read and leave a comment. Thanks! -GPS

Most Recently Published

📌NEW BLOG SITE ADDRESS📌

Effective April 2 , 2019 , Google+ will no longer host Bloggers on their site. Therefore, my blog page will no longer be accessible after ...

⭐️Most Popular Posts