Goya’s Blog Page 1goya.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Nothing But “Yummy-ness”: Family Holiday Dinner

I was not kidding when I blogged last month that I have chefs in my Family. It’s not any of their profession but one would never know the better. I have a very large Family. From the northeast to the southeast, my Family who lives in different states did not disappoint their perspective Family for their holiday dinner. The Family buzz is there was not a dissatisfied palate in any of the homes. They took pictures for me. Get ready! The photos will make you hungry. Seriously! 
My Grandson could not resist tasting the icing on the Red Velvet Cake.  We encouraged him to go for it! Children must taste the icing when they have a sweet tooth and just because they have an urge to touch the cake; it’s inevitable. 😊

One of my sisters in MD started Christmas Day with baking homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast for her Family. She would’ve had to bake two pans of the rolls if I had been there. 😉

Family in the Carolinas served turkey as one of the dinner meats. The perfectly browned, falling off the bone turkey was prepared by Honey Baked Ham. It was one of the best turkeys that we’d ever had.  Bravo, Honey Baked Ham! 👏🏼


My Grandson helped his Mom bake cookies for Santa. He spread the icing on them and added sprinkles on top. This is their Mommy/Son holiday tradition. ❤️

Family in the Carolinas prepared mac and cheese amongst many dishes. As usual, it was so yummy! ☺️

My sister in GA prepared candied yams, one of the starring dishes, for her family. 😋

Carolinas Family: Rice, Lima Beans & Collard Greens were anticipated. We knew that they would be so delicious—from experience. 😁

GA Sister: Ham is one of those meats that must be served during a holiday dinner. She baked it perfectly. I wish I had been there! 👏🏼

One of my sisters in MD made “Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts With Bacon”. Wow! 

Beauties! My nephew-in-law deep fried the cornish hens.  Oh I could taste them just looking at the picture. 😊

MD Sister:  She’s one of the phenomenal bakers in our Family. She and my sister in GA bake superb pies. 

I’m blessed to have extraordinary cooks in my Family who don’t cook just to feed their Family but because they really love cooking. Do I have a love for cooking like that? Hmm...not quite. 🙃 I do love eating their cooking! They need taste testers.  ☺️

I hope your holiday meal was just as wonderful with your Family! 

🦚GPS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters to me. So don’t just read and leave; read and leave a comment. Thanks! -GPS

Most Recently Published

📌NEW BLOG SITE ADDRESS📌

Effective April 2 , 2019 , Google+ will no longer host Bloggers on their site. Therefore, my blog page will no longer be accessible after ...

⭐️Most Popular Posts